vrijdag 14 november 2008

Some Pictures I Like




I get really happy when I look at nice pictures of quilts. The above one is called Crown of thorns and is what they call a biblical pattern. The quilt I'm working on now is a slightly altered version of the above. Mine is going to have some applique added to it. Thats gonna be my first experience doing that. I have always made patchwork for quilts by hand. Somehow machine quilting doesn't give me near as much satisfaction as handstitching. Besides I can be way more accurate and overall more relaxed using my hands. And lets be honest thats how quilts are supposed to be made.
Over the next weeks I'll try to find nice pictures. I'm very into details of quilted items.
I've got and old fashioned scrap book of pictures I like. Gonna try to make something like that on this blog.



Geen opmerkingen: