donderdag 20 november 2008

Inspiration

I got so inspired by these designs. It's from John Robshaw and they are traditional blockprinted Indian cotton or linens. I find this first picture so sweet and it makes me just smile.
I love the way the indian man is laughing and the way the vintage car is piled with gorgeous pillows. Would even put in on my desktop to look at when your a bit down.

A lot of the designs are suitable for making quilt blocks. Also choices of color are magnificent.
How about the next one, especially the middle red design. Reminds me a bit of that Toile de joue from france. By the way also very beautiful. A lot of great blankets are made from that fabric.
Simple to make. Just quilt through and let the design do the rest. This middel fabric could be used just the same!!
This little one caught my eye because of the close resemblance to an Hawaiian fern or something like that. Would make great pillow.
Never in a million years would I come up with a combination of brown and light blue. I always keep it on the safe side. But this is really really nice. And to the risk of sounding boring. Those designs!!!! Absolutely my thing. Look at the little one on top. The cutest. I could easily combine every piece of fabric in my own home.
The bottom duvet cover is the one I just fell in love with . It's named Walnut I believe, and in my opinion is sheer perfection. It scores very high on my personal wauw scale! Want to start drawing the pattern right away. Not even mentioning how it would feel to sleep under such a duvet. I'm guessing the quality of the fabric is outstanding.
I believe the next design is called Chestnut and is nice to. You got to see it on a bigger scale.
This size will come in handy for future reference, when I want to use it in a quilt.

Just because I love it so much. Justone more picture of the Walnut.











Geen opmerkingen: