vrijdag 21 november 2008

All things nice

How incredibly cosy a set of pillows looks. These are from John Robshaw. My new found fabric obsession. I am totally in love with most of the designs. Lately I'm understanding a bit of my preference for symetry. I like making order out of chaos, that's why I do patchwork and quilting. That's also why I chose designs like these and more on this blog because they seem organised. Also their layout is sheer perfection in my opinion. That's why I adore those moorish, spanish tiles. They are sooo intricate but oh so ordered. Anyway that's my humble opinion on that.

This quilt shows nicely how you can do such ordering from chaos. All kinds of different colors and designs, but in the endresult it all comes together nicely. I actually think I have an obsession with patchwork quilting. I love they entire process: from choosing a pattern to choosing the colors and fabric, to piecing small blocks into larger into blanketsize. Then the actual quilting and finishing, to the feeling of wrapping one around you and caressing the surface.

I do like the colorsetting of the rooms below. Applegreen looks so fresh and clean. Very nice combined with the wood and wickerlampshades.


Cute the colors in these kiddie blankets are so nice. Need to make a quilt for my daughter. Need more time in the day for all my crafty plans.
Don't you just love these blankets. Don't know exactly where they're from but they look very luxourious. I always try to find out whether something made out of fabric is possible to make myself. These are very do-able, you have the right fabric. Very hard to come by I'm guessing.







Geen opmerkingen: